TORCON builds and constructs unique environments in collaboration with diverse and high profile designers and architects. With our in-house team of subject matter experts and dedicated professionals, our mission is to provide an unsurpassed level of service and innovative solutions to ensure optimal client satisfaction, allowing for existing relationships to thrive and new relationships to emerge.
Our portfolio consists of small to large-scale construction, repair and renovation projects entailing all contract types recognized by the Canadian Construction Association. All work executed by TORCON is conducted in accordance with all health and safety requirements, applicable legislation and best industry practice as showcased by our Certificate of Recognition (COR™) endorsed by the Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations.
Working under the direction of the Site Superintendent, the following major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in monitoring daily job site activities and compiling site reports
- Assists in inspecting project progress in quality control to ensure the highest standard is delivered
- Assists in daily Health and Safety inspection to ensure a safe work site
- Assists in coordinating with sub-contractors to ensure adherence to schedule, plans and specification
- Assists in housekeeping
- Assists in basic carpentry
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of experience, preferably in the construction industry
- Valid driver’s licence
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems
- Basic mathematical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Health & Safety related training is an asset (i.e., WHMIS, First Aid & CPR, Working at Heights, Basics of Supervising, etc.)
Depending on the scope of the project, hours of work and work shifts may vary (day, afternoon, night and weekend).
Closing Date: Open until position is filled
Please forward your cover letter and resume in a PDF format to: [email protected]
Please indicate your salary expectations in your cover letter
All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TORCON is an equal opportunity employer. TORCON is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment, and will provide accommodation to people with disabilities upon request throughout our recruitment process.