Project Manager – Construction
TORCON builds and constructs unique environments in collaboration with diverse and high profile designers and architects. With our in-house team of subject matter experts and dedicated professionals, our mission is to provide an unsurpassed level of service and innovative solutions to ensure optimal client satisfaction, allowing for existing relationships to thrive and new relationships to emerge.
Our portfolio consists of small to large-scale construction, repair and renovation projects entailing all contract types recognized by the Canadian Construction Association. All work executed by TORCON is conducted in accordance with all health and safety requirements, applicable legislation and best industry practice as showcased by our Certificate of Recognition (COR™) endorsed by the Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations.
Reporting to the President, Project Manager’s major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure all projects meet anticipated schedules, stay within budget, meets client expectations and are executed at highest level of quality
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements
- Prepare and manage project budget/itemized costs, construction schedules and milestones, and monitor project progress
- Prepare various documents such as meeting minutes, project progress status and change order summaries
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Client, Consultants, Architects, Designers, Provincial/Municipal Inspectors, Site Superintendents and Sub-Trades
- Ensure Site Superintendents are up to date in regards to Site Instructions (SI), Request for Information (RFI), Addendums, etc.
- Tender, review, approve and award all sub-trades in conjunction with Estimator. Coordinate sub-trades work activities. Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations with Site Superintendents, ensuring quality control.
- Direct the purchase of building materials and equipment
- Meet with the Site Superintendents during the initial project set-up to review all aspects of the project scope, budget, schedule, list of sub-trades awarded contracts and safety principles
- Monitor site safety and ensure compliance to OH&S Act and COR standards
- Visit the project site on regular basis to conduct site inspection for quality control and ensure project deliverables are on schedule
- Manage timely payment collection
- Manage and execute the Contemplated Change Order (CCO), Change Order (CO) and Change Directive (CD) are processed in a timely manner, responding to the timeframes requested by the Client and contract specifications. In all cases, follow-up until an approved CO is received within the timelines of contract specifications
- Prepare monthly report for Management review, updating project status, in addition to the Site Superintendents report, to be issued within five (5) business days after the commencement of the new month
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Engineering, Business or related field. Candidates with equivalent experience and certification may be considered.
- PMP certification preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive construction project management experience (i.e., commercial, industrial, residential, new construction projects, tenant improvements, interior-fit up, renovation, additions). Canadian/Ontario experience preferred.
- Construction project management experience in high security environment is an asset.
- Understanding of construction industry standards, operations (i.e., construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures) and Federal, Provincial and Municipal construction bylaws
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Financial analysis and mathematical skills
- Project forecasting and analysis
- Budget management
- Internal/external stakeholder relationship management
- Strong client orientation
- Strong business acumen
- Attention to detail, tact, diplomacy, sound judgment
- Manage and lead teams
- Problem solving/conflict resolution and decision making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills
- Going above and beyond attitude to meet clients expectations
- Time management and organizational skills
- Manage multiple projects consecutively and manage competing business priorities in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro, AutoCAD Viewer, Project Management/Scheduling software, and Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Visio, Outlook, etc.).
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Health & Safety related training is an asset (i.e., WHMIS 2015, Working at Heights/Fall Prevention, Basics of Supervising, First Aid & CPR, Lockout & Tag, Confined Space, Aerial/Elevating Work Platforms, Asbestos Work in Construction Hazard Awareness, etc.).
Closing Date: Open until position is filled
Please forward your cover letter and resume in a PDF format to: [email protected]
Please indicate your salary expectations in your cover letter
All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TORCON is an equal opportunity employer. TORCON is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment, and will provide accommodation to people with disabilities upon request throughout our recruitment process.