Site Superintendent – Construction
TORCON builds and constructs unique environments in collaboration with diverse and high profile designers and architects. With our in-house team of subject matter experts and dedicated professionals, our mission is to provide an unsurpassed level of service and innovative solutions to ensure optimal client satisfaction, allowing for existing relationships to thrive and new relationships to emerge.
Our portfolio consists of small to large-scale construction, repair and renovation projects entailing all contract types recognized by the Canadian Construction Association. All work executed by TORCON is conducted in accordance with all health and safety requirements, applicable legislation and best industry practice as showcased by our Certificate of Recognition (COR™) endorsed by the Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Site Superintendents responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure construction industry standards are met and ensure high quality control in the effort to minimize deficiencies
- Ensure project materials and workmanship meet project design specifications and high quality standards
- Ensure smooth coordination of all construction related activities
- Adhere to project schedule deliverables and critical path
- Supervise trades/subcontractors/workers
- Assist Project Mangers in the creation of site plans and procedures (i.e., scheduling and forecasting resources)
- Provide resolution to project issues as they arise and communicate project issues in a timely manner to Project Manager (i.e., work scheduling conflicts, work interference, errors/discrepancies/omissions in Consultant’s design drawings, project deficiencies list, poor workmanship quality, etc.)
- Ensure trades/subcontractors/workers adhere to health and safety policies, procedures and best practices. Promote a safe work environment (i.e., site inspection, hazard assessment, toolbox safety talk, etc.).
- Coordinate and direct independent testing and inspections as required
- Document daily job report and keep Project Manager informed of project status
- Other responsibilities as assigned (i.e., housekeeping, basic handyman/carpentry, etc.)
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Engineering, Business or related field. Candidates with equivalent experience and certification may be considered.
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive construction project management experience (i.e., commercial, industrial, residential, new construction projects, tenant improvements, interior-fit up, renovation, additions). Canadian/Ontario experience preferred.
- Construction project management experience in high security environment is an asset
- Understanding of construction industry standards and operations (i.e., construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures)
- Self-starter, proactive attitude
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge and experience working with various tools and equipment
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro, AutoCAD Viewer and Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, Project, Outlook)
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Team management, including assessing and providing feedback on job performance to sub-trades
- Problem solving/conflict resolution and sound decision making skills
- Ability to visualize the entire project, anticipate issues and implement solutions in collaboration with Project Managers
- Attention to detail, specifically quality control to minimize deficiencies in real-time
- Time management and organizational skills to ensure project deadlines are met
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including active listening and interpersonal skills
- Going above and beyond attitude (strong work ethics)
- Work well in a fast pace and high pressure environment
- Exercise sound judgment
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Health & Safety related training is an asset (i.e., WHMIS 2015, Working at Heights/Fall Prevention, Basics of Supervising, First Aid & CPR, Lockout & Tag, Confined Space, Aerial/Elevating Work Platforms, Asbestos Work in Construction Hazard Awareness, etc.).
Depending on the scope of the project, hours of work and work shifts may vary (day, afternoon, night and weekend).
Closing Date: Open until position is filled
Please forward your cover letter and resume in a PDF format to: email@example.com
Please indicate your salary expectations in your cover letter
All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TORCON is an equal opportunity employer. TORCON is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment, and will provide accommodation to people with disabilities upon request throughout our recruitment process.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]